You’ve probably already heard about the value of having Life Purpose Statement and may have even written one. Numerous resources exist to guide you through the process of writing a Purpose Statement and they are all different in their approach.
Many people get discouraged trying to navigate the process themselves. Or they end up with a Statement that doesn’t get to the heart of God’s purpose for them and they become misguided in their goals and their perspective of themselves and their lives. Or, they do manage to write a Statement that reflects who they are, but they don’t know what steps to take next.
Having a Life Purpose Statement that accurately reflects who God made us to be is invaluable in finding clarity in our lives. It helps us evaluate our present location, job, relationships, and activities to know whether we are investing our lives in the best possible ways. It can help give us direction when faced with decisions. And in many cases it can also help us recognize how we already are living our purpose and provide invaluable affirmation.
Knowing our Life Purpose and experiencing God strategically moving us into that purpose is awesome and faith-building! There’s nothing like realizing God not only knows us in all our complexity, but He has intricately designed and equipped us to fulfill a specific purpose!
The Difference between Life Purpose and Calling or Mission
Purpose. Calling. Mission. These words get thrown around and we don’t always know what they mean or how to differentiate between them.
When God created us He designed us for a unique purpose – one that is different from anyone else who has ever lived or ever will live. It is part of who we are – who He created us to be.
Our Life Purpose is something we can fulfill no matter our age or physical ability. As long as we have breath in these earthly bodies, we can be living our purpose. I’ve observed that when people know their life purpose and consciously live it, they experience freedom, fulfillment, and contentment, and that feelings of loneliness, defeat, and discouragement make only fleeting appearances, and usually only when one loses sight of their God-given purpose.
While our purpose has more to do with who we are, our calling or mission has more to do with what we do. Our purpose is lifelong and doesn’t change, from the time we take our first breath until we take our last. A calling or mission is God’s assignment for a specific period of time or to a certain group of people.
- is individual and unique to each person
- assigned by God who lovingly designed and created us accordingly
- includes who we are, what we do, and why we do it
- is about our relationship to God, ourselves, and others
- applies whether we are age 5 or 95
- is independent of our physical abilities or lack of them
- can be fulfilled when alone or with others
- stays the same throughout our lives even though our roles or missions may change
How to Discover Your Purpose and Write Your Life Purpose Statement
As I’ve already mentioned, there are many different methods for discovering your life purpose and writing a life purpose statement.
- Most of them confuse life purpose with calling or mission and only pertain to a short period of your life.
- Most also only address what God created you to do, not who He created you to be (knowing the latter is vital for being able to live your purpose no matter your age or physical condition!).
- Also, most only address the benefit of your purpose to others and neglect to include the fulfillment it brings to you.
I know of only one method that draws out the nuances of who and what God created you to be and do no matter your stage of life.
I’ve been privileged to have been trained in this unique method and love helping others discover their life purpose and write a statement that will serve them the rest of their lives!
Book a Life Purpose Discovery Session
In just two hours you will walk away with a Life Purpose Statement to use in all aspects of your life for the rest of your life. I will follow up with a second call or email approximately two weeks later and work with you on any necessary word changes to ensure your Purpose Statement most accurately reflects you as God created you.
Your God-given Life Purpose is a priceless and powerful statement that will provide clarity in all facets and stages of your life, for the rest of your life. You won’t ever regret discovering and knowing your created purpose!
Sessions are conducted via phone or Skype and kept strictly confidential.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.
I look forward to talking to you soon!
Book Your Session
Life Purpose Discovery Session
- Purpose Discovery Session
- Follow-up Coaching Session
- Life Purpose Statement
Your Life Purpose Statement will:
- include who you are, what you do, and why you do it
- be about your relationship to God, yourself, and others
- be applicable no matter your age
- not be dependent on your physical abilities
- be applicable while alone and with others
- stay the same throughout your lifetime