Do you ever wonder why you’re here? Why God created you the way He did?
I assure you that when God created you, He designed you for a unique purpose. Scripture has plenty to say about His purpose and plan for each person.
Discovering your life purpose and living it brings joy and fulfillment, knowing you are doing and being what God designed and created you for.
- is unique to each person
- is determined by God who lovingly designed and created you accordingly
- covers all areas of your life
- includes how you relate to God, yourself, and others
- is possible no matter your age or physical ability
- can be fulfilled when alone or with others
- stays the same throughout your life, even though your role, calling, or mission may change
Benefits of Knowing Your Life Purpose
There’s nothing like realizing God not only knows you in all your complexity, He has intricately and strategically designed and equipped you to fulfill a specific purpose that He has given you!
Having a Life Purpose Statement helps you to:
- Make decisions
- Know when to say “yes” and when to say “no”
- Find clarity in all area of your life
- Evaluate your life, including your job, relationships, location, and activities
- Know where to apply your gifts, talents, and abilities
- Live confidently and intentionally
- Experience fulfillment and freedom
The Difference between Life Purpose and Calling or Mission
Purpose. Calling. Mission. These words get thrown around in confusing ways, sometimes interchangeably. However, I see a distinct difference between Life Purpose and Calling/Mission:
- Purpose is life-long and covers every aspect of ourselves and our lives.
- Calling or mission is usually temporary and is God’s assignment for a specific period of time or to a certain group of people.
It’s important to note that God never calls us to something outside of our purpose.
Unique Method for Discovering Your God-given Purpose
You’ve likely come across various methods for discovering your purpose or writing a life purpose statement. You may have already written one. There are tons of methods out there and they’re all different.
Many people get discouraged trying to navigate the process themselves. Or they end up with a statement that doesn’t get to the heart of God’s purpose for them and they become misguided in their goals. Or, they do manage to write a statement that reflects who they are, but they don’t know what to do next.
- Most methods confuse life purpose with calling or mission and only pertain to part of your life.
- Most only address what God created you to do, not who He created you to be (knowing the latter is vital for being able to live your purpose no matter your age or physical condition!).
- Most only address the benefit of your purpose to others and neglect to include the fulfillment it brings to you.
I know of only one method that draws out the nuances of who and what God created you to be and do no matter your stage of life and also pinpoints the impact God intends for you to have in your own life and in others’.
This method helps you write a Life Purpose Statement that includes:
- Who God is to you personally
- What drives and energizes you
- What you do when that drive is activated
- The positive impact and outcome for others and for you
I’ve been privileged to have been trained in this unique method. With some modifications of my own, I love using it to coach others to discover their life purpose and to write a statement that will serve them for the rest of their lives.
Ready to Discover Your Life Purpose?
A Life Purpose Discovery Package with me includes:
- A one-hour Purpose Discovery Coaching Session via phone or Skype.
- An exchange of emails in the days following our phone session in which we work through a series of questions and write your Life Purpose Statement.
- A follow-up coaching call approximately two weeks later to make any necessary word changes to ensure your Life Purpose Statement most accurately reflects you as God created you.
- We will also discuss your next steps to living your Life Purpose.
In the end, you will have a Life Purpose Statement that will provide clarity to all facets of your life for the rest of your life.
Coaching sessions are conducted via phone or Skype and kept strictly confidential. If you have any questions before booking your session, don’t hesitate to contact me.
You won’t ever regret discovering and knowing your created Life Purpose!
Life Purpose Discovery Package – $97
- Purpose Discovery Session (approximately one hour)
- Email exchange to fine tune your Life Purpose Statement
- Follow-up phone call to finalize your Purpose Statement and talk about your next steps
Your Life Purpose Statement will:
- include who you are, what you do, and why you do it
- be about your relationship to God, yourself, and others
- be applicable no matter your age
- not be dependent on your physical abilities
- be applicable while alone and with others
- stay the same throughout your lifetime
Still not sure?
People seem to have three main excuses that keep them from discovering their life purpose:
Excuse #1: I don’t have time.
In the time it takes to watch a movie, you could know your unique purpose and have your personal purpose statement in hand. If you have time to watch a movie, you have time to discover your purpose!
Excuse #2: I can’t afford it.
How can you afford to not know your purpose? Knowing your purpose is priceless and having an accurate Life Purpose Statement will serve you the rest of your life, providing clarity in all aspects and stages of your life. It will save you time, emotional energy, and even money because you won’t be wasting it on pursuits that don’t fit your purpose.
Excuse #3: I’m afraid.
Fear comes from Satan, the thief who never wants you to live your purpose because he knows how dangerous you will be to his kingdom if you do, how beneficial you will be in furthering God’s Kingdom, and how much more fulfilled and happy you’ll become. Give your fears and excuses to Jesus and begin your incredible journey of discovering your unique purpose!
My Journey in Discovering my Life Purpose
In 1997 I was 33 years old, single, and wanting more out of life. I wondered what God’s purpose was for me being here and desired deeply to know what it was so I could live it. And so I followed a blueprint I found in a book to write a mission statement. I came up with this:
My mission is to connect with those around me, communicate truth that sets them free, and nurture them on to maturity.
This statement was accurate but it wasn’t complete. It gave me some guidance for parts of my life, but not for all of it.
Fast forward to 2014 when my cousin Shari Baer, a life coach, asked if I’d like to discover my life purpose and write a Life Purpose Statement. I agreed, curious to find out how it would compare to what I’d written years earlier.
My new Life Purpose Statement has similarities to the 1997 version, but is more complete and broader in scope:
My life purpose is to feel peace and contentment with God as my everything, so I can have life-giving connections with others and discover and share information, insights, and truth that equip us and set us free.
Having this Life Purpose Statement empowers me to move forward with confidence in all areas of my life. Not only does it cover what God created me to do for others (which is the only aspect my 1997 statement covered), it also covers other aspects of my life. It includes what I experience in my relationship with God. It mentions the outcome for myself and others when I live my purpose.
Perhaps most importantly, at least parts of it are possible for me to live no matter my age or ability and whether I’m alone or with others. As a single person, that last part is especially important to me. I want to be able to live my purpose all the time, not just when I’m with other people.
It truly is a timeless statement, and will still be true and applicable ten, twenty, and even thirty years from now.
After Silja went through the Life Purpose Discovery process with me, she sent me this email:
“It was so good that you asked positive memories in a helpful and gentle way, and how you deepened my understanding by asking more specific questions. I found it helpful that I could concentrate on the flow of thoughts and you did all the writing. I found it good that there were two sessions and in between the possibility to process and ponder my purpose through questions. You helped me in a beautiful way to find my purpose. You helped me to make the statement clear and specific, which simplifies life and helps my mind be more focused.”
Wouldn’t you like to have this same experience?
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I’ll be happy to answer any questions you have!